“I could not be more grateful for Brooke's help. Finding someone to watch your child is always a stressful and frightening job - it is especially hard when your child has special needs and challenges. Now, I feel like a weight has been lifted and my husband and I feel supported - like we have a bigger team taking care of our boy. I recommend Lexington Nannies as highly as is possible!”
Lexington Nannies and Household Staffing takes great pride in providing exemplary, trusted household staffing professionals. We have strict requirements that must be met in order to be chosen to work for our clients, as our families demand the utmost privacy and highest service standards.
We place the following positions:
- Newborn Care Specialists
- Personal Assistants
- Private Chefs
Our priority is your peace of mind. Each of our nanny candidates is a childcare professional who takes caregiving very seriously. All of our Nannies meet our exceptionally high standards and are selected for their experience, character and reliability. We place full time and part time nannies, as well as temporary and live-in nannies.
All of our nannies have a minimum of 3 years experience, with the majority of them having at least 5-10 years. We are proud to represent a diverse group of nannies with different skills and abilities. Several hold their Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development, some are bilingual (2-3 languages spoken), and many are lifetime career nannies with 10+ years of professional nanny experience.
Our housekeepers work in all types of homes, from those with a casual atmosphere to formal, multi-staffed homes and their job description will change depending on the needs of the family. This position involves daily maintenance of the home as well as heavy cleaning. Housekeepers are usually supervised by principals or by the Household Manager.
While some may not have formal training, our housekeepers have at least 3 years of experience working in a private home. A Housekeeper works either full-time or part-time, on a live-in or live-out basis. Housekeepers usually work alone, but should the needs of the home demand multiple staff, they may work as a team with other housekeepers.
As a general guideline, a full-time Housekeeper is recommended for homes of 5,000 sq. ft. or more. If errands, cooking, and laundry are also required, hiring an additional housekeeper is recommended.
Typical responsibilities of a housekeeper:
- Cooking and serving meals for the household
- Cleaning the interior of the home
- Laundry and ironing linens
- Assisting with the cooking and serving for special events
- Running errands including the grocery shopping
- Making the beds
- Polishing the silver
- Mending clothes
- Organizing drawers and straightening closets
- Caring for household pets
- Maintaining stock of routine cleaning and household supplies
Personal assistants are responsible for working in the employer’s home in the management of household, personal, and professional needs.
Our personal assistants have excellent managerial, communication and interpersonal skills, understand protocol and etiquette and have the ability to organize and prioritize multiple activities. Most Personal assistants have a Bachelor’s degree in addition to professional experience in a corporate setting.
Typical duties of a Personal Assistant include:
- Handling the bills.
- Making travel arrangements, and often traveling with the employer.
- Serving as office assistant, handling correspondence, creating inventories, organizing the office and handling media inquiries.
- Planning special events and parties.
- Managing construction projects or home improvements.
- Scheduling of staff and maintenance personnel.
- Coordinating personal schedules and daily activities.
- Running business and personal errands.
- Maintaining social and philanthropic activities.
Our personal chefs dedicate themselves solely to the culinary needs of the home. They are responsible for preparing meals for the family, other household staff members, and guests.
There are many levels of cooks from basic family cook to the school of trained gourmet chef. We prefer to have all our chefs graduate from a culinary school and must have experience inside a private home or in a 5-star restaurant. Our professional Chefs have all been trained at one of the fine culinary schools in the USA, Europe or the Far East. Whatever your tastes, they can provide the right flavor for your home or company.
The position of Chef can be performed on either a live-in or live-out depending on the needs of the employer.
Typical responsibilities of a personal chef:
- Menu planning and preparing nutritious meals suited to an individual’s or family’s personal preferences or special dietary needs.
- Directing the organization and operation of the kitchen and the presentation and serving of the food.
- Preparing a range of menus from simple family dinners to formal, five-star restaurant caliber meals.
- Families may require their Personal Chef to travel to their other residences.